Contact Info

email: info@aboutsteven.com

Monday, May 21, 2012

2012 Solar Eclipse

On May 21, 2012 I had the rare opportunity to witness a solar eclipse right out my front door.  I tried to talk myself into heading down to St. George, Ut where the coverage was going to be 96% coverage, where we only had 84%.  I didn't plan well enough to get there and I didn't have the greatest setup to make the trip worthwhile.  Never the less, it was fun to see what I captured after it was all done.  It was difficult to get the camera to focus without the ability to look through the view finder.

Because I didn't have the perfect set up for solar photography I got some color that was unexpected.

Looks nearly like the crescent moon.  I was surprised by the sun spot caught near the bottom of the moon as it passed in front of the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment